1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are downloaded onto your device by the website which you are visiting. The next time you visit the same website, cookies ensure that your device is recognised. By using cookies and similar technologies such as pixel tags/beacons and scripts ('cookies'), this website can save information about visits and visitors. We place some of the cookies on the websites ourselves, while other cookies are placed by third parties. Third-party cookies may collect data outside our websites as well.
Cookies can be utilised to make visiting a website more personal, by, for instance:
- displaying relevant navigation settings;
- remembering visitors’ preferences;
- improving the overall user experience and;
- limiting the number of advertisements shown.
3. Our website & MOBILE APP use three types of cookies
a. Functional cookies. These are cookies which enable users to view ClusterExcellence.org, use the functions on the websites and gain access to secured portions of them. The information collected through these cookies is not used for marketing purposes. If use of this type of cookie is not allowed, this will have the following consequences:
- using various parts of ClusterExcellence.org will become impossible;
- the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence can provide less support to users;
- the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence will be unable to remember your preferences for not using or displaying a specific function.
b. Analytic cookies. These cookies help the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence to improve its websites. The cookies collect information about the way in which visitors use ClusterExcellence.org, including information about the pages most visited or the number of error messages displayed. WebAnalytics cookies are one example of this type of cookie.
c. Marketing and other cookies. Marketing cookies are typically placed on ClusterExcellence.org by advertising networks. These networks are companies which act as intermediaries between the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence and advertisers. These cookies are used to:
- show relevant, personalised advertisements or offers through every type of medium (such as e-mail, social media and banner ads) based on your visit to and click behaviour on ClusterExcellence.org;
- limit the number of times each advertisement is displayed;
- measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign;
- make a link with social media, so you will be recognised when you wish to use social media through ClusterExcellence.org.
4. Adjusting cookie settings and deleting cookies
Please note that, if you adjust the cookie settings for the European Foundation for Cluster Excellence, you may not be able to correctly use some parts of ClusterExcellence.org afterwards.
5. More about cookies
‘Your Online Choices’ (www.youronlinechoices.com) is a website offered by the internet advertising industry which contains information about ‘behavioural advertising’, ‘online privacy’ and opt-out options.