NGP Cluster Excellence Conference 2011
News: October 7, 2011
- New materials available at Downloads
- Remember to register for the cluster conference in Warsaw on 20-21 October.
- The final report (revised October 5) of the NGP Cluster Excellence Project is now ready to download. You can find a new revised version at Downloads or by following this link:
- The NGP partners have agreed on a number of small follow-up activities:
- Further individual country analyses of the importance of cluster services for SMEs
- Further analysis of the recommendations for future cluster policies (Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Germany, Lituania, Norway, Poland and Sweden make a 4 month mini project on "How does a world class ("perfect") cluster programme look like?")
- Further bilateral or common collaboration activities for cluster organisations (training, workshops, datings, matchmaking etc.)
- Development of a common tool for performance measurement of clusters
The next major event for cluster policy makers and their partners will take place in Warsaw on the 20-21st of October as part of the EU Polish Presidency programme and we hope you will be able to attend.
The agenda will include a number of high level speakers from Poland, EC DG’s as well as from other member states and is taking place at a critical time concerning funding decisions for innovation, clusters and regional development at the EU level.
One of the major opportunities for cluster actors attending this conference will be to influence and contribute to the debate concerning the preparation of the next EU Communication on Clusters by DG Industry and Enterprise (publication is expected in early 2012). This document will play an important part in determining the type and amount of funding support for clusters initiatives over the next programmes period (2014-2020).
Participants will also be provided with some results of the ECA/TACTICS project (Cluster Internationalisation, Cluster Branding and Marketing Feedback on the State Aid rules for clusters consultation, etc…) and the NGP Benchmarking results. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to take part in this event.
Please follow the attached link to register for the conference: http://www.pi.gov.pl/eng/chapter_95543.asp
If you wish to find more information about this event, please visit: http://www.pi.gov.pl/eng/chapter_95539.asp
And please forward this mail to all your partners who might be interested in participating. Entrance is free but registration is obligatory.
The Copenhagen Cluster Declaration and all the materials from the Copenhagen cluster conference are ready to download
The results for the Copenhagen Cluster Conference, conference presentations and minutes from the 20 workshops are ready to download Downloads.he Copenhagen Cluster Declaration Downloads, selected reports Downloads and other background materials can also be downloaded Downloads.
On behalf of the NGP Steering Committe I would like to thank you for your collaboration and participation in the cluster benchmarking exercises and the cluster policy benchmarking exercises.
Thomas Alslev Christensen
Danish Ministry of Research, Innovation and Higher Education
The largest event for all European cluster managers, cluster employees and cluster policy makers has now come to an end. The organizers wishes to thank all the participants for their contribution in making the conference such a great success!
The organizers congratulates the winner of the NGP Cluster Excellence Award - The Norwegian cluster, NCE Maritime!
See the presentations of the winner and the six other nominated cluster cases in this YouTube video.
More than 450 people from 27 countries participated at the conference!
- 264 B2B meetings where organized in the speed dating event for cluster managers
- 10 workshops and 2 seminars for policy makers
- 11 workshops for cluster managers and cluster employees
- 5 key note speakers from Germany, Norway, Iceland and Denmark
- The launch of a new initiative by the European Commission
- A spectacular light and sound show
And the award goes to...
After an exiting SMS voting by the conference participants, the Norwegian cluster, NCE Maritime, won the first NGP Cluster Excellence Award and received the 10 000 Euro prize money. The big check was presented to the winning cluster by Ms. Inge Mærkedahl, the director of the Danish Agency of Science, Technology and Innovation. Click here to see the video pre
sentations of the winner and the six other nominated cluster cases.
Outcome from the conference
At the conference new analyses on how to promote innovation, productivity and economic growth were presented. Cluster policies in 10 countries and regions, 18 cluster programmes and 143 cluster organisations have been benchmarked. The results were presented at the conference.
The Copenhagen Cluster Excellence Declaration was adopted Downloads. The final report of the NGP Cluster excellence project, summary and policy recommendations are found under Downloads after the conference material.
Downloads are now ready
The final program, presentations and minutes from the 20 workshops Downloads, descriptions of Seminar I About the program: Day 1 and Seminar II About the program: Day 2 for policy makers, the Copenhagen Cluster Declaration Downloads, selected reports Downloads and other background materials can now be downloaded Downloads.
Co-sponsors of this event